Thursday, September 22, 2011

To Do: Make an EEEEEEasy wreath!

My last name starts with E, if you didn't already know that.  Of course, you probably aren't stopping by my house if you didn't (or I hope not anyway).  But just in case you missed the E on the mini flag in the front landscaping, or don't notice our monogram above our bed, or miss the cursive E on the crock holding my kitchen utensils, I thought I would give you one more opportunity.  This one is a little harder to overlook since it's right there in the middle of the front door!

I've had the same flower arrangement on my door for the past 2 years...except when being replaced by occasional holiday decor.  Unfortunately, the way the door sets back, it seemed to hit you in the face as you opened the door.  That's always a great way to greet visitors!  Plus, the wasps seemed to enjoy it as their new home.  Again, not a pleasant welcome.

I found this super E-asy (get it?) craft project on that handy, dandy website Pinterest.  To make yours, here's the directions.
pottery-barn-inspired-moss-monogram


She fails to mention that you'll likely lose the tips of your fingers from all the hot glue.  And I had to also cover the back due to having a glass door.  I went with a burlap ribbon too instead of satin.  But E-asy it is!
Here's the finished project.  (Except this new program won't let me rotate...so put your head on your right shoulder and use a little imagination.)  Or better yet, stop by sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment