Friday, September 9, 2011

To Do: Week 23 Appointment

Oops, I wrote this on Sept 2 but forgot to post it.  So add a week (and a lb or two)

Monday I went to the baby doc for my check-up.  All is good in his caccoon.  It's hard to believe that 4 weeks ago I was feeling his first kicks.  Now, Mateo makes it quite well known when he is awake--which is mostly at night!  Eeks!  And come 5am, he is raring to go, just like his daddy.  He'll probably come out saying "the sun's a burnin;"  His heartbeat is around 150, which is high for a boy.  Doc says that just means he is active.  No kidding!  I'm telling you, he is going to be hyper. 

It feels kind of silly to stand againest the wall and show off my bulges (because they appear in both front & back!)...but I hear ya.  I finally convinced Matt to at least let the pose be away from that drab, khaki wall that made me look sick.  So instead, we went with our flowers that look sick after enduring a brutal heat wave this summer.   Since 90% of you live far away, here is my 23 week pose. 

I've grown quite a bit since last month.  Or at least I feel like I have!  Gaining a pound a week doesn't sound so terrible until it starts happening.  Not that it's terrible--just happens fast!  I went up 4 lbs and grew 4 cm out--which both are right on target. 

Next month it will be time for my glucose test.  It's one of my biggest fears in pregnacy.  I seriously will cry if I can't have my breads, potatoes, and sweets!  Especially since I've noticed that I'm almost always hungry! 

So that's what's new with Mateo and me.  We are quite a pair :)

No comments:

Post a Comment