Weight: 17 lbs
Diaper Size: 2
Clothes: mostly 9 months, but some 6 months (especially pants)
Eats: 7-8 oz every 3-3.5 hours; eats cereal before bedtime; Introduced applesauce, bananas, and carrots
Sleeps: Usually from 9:00-9:30 to 5:30-6:30 (averages 8 hours); likes to sleep on side
Naps: 2-3 hours around 8am (in swing); 30-60 min around 1pm; 30-45 min around 5pm
Favorite Toys: Sophie the Giraffe, taggie blanket, teething rings, alligator, mommy and daddy
* Rolls both directions, though mostly stomach to back still. He occasionally will roll over 2-3 times in a row, but really doesn't have much control about where he is going.
* Can sit unsupported for less than a minute. But starting to enjoy sitting more, especially in the bumbo chair.
* He can finally sit and play in his exersaucer too!
* He would let you hold his hands so he can stand all day!
* Pushes up on his hands to see what's happening around him, but doesn't push up on legs.
* Exploring lots of new toys and learning to shake rattles more, hit buttons, etc. He is starting to play more by himself, but still wants mom or dad within eyesight.
* He may be considered "nosey". He doesn't miss much going on around him--like cars driving by, airplanes, our cat, etc.
* Has the cutest giggle when tickled on his thighs, kissed on the neck, or when playing peek-a-boo.
* Loves stroller rides and bike rides outside! We go outside nearly every single night.
* Proud to say he sleeps without the swaddle now! And besides his morning nap, sleeps in his crib for naps and at bedtime.
Highlights from the Month (May 28-June 28):
* Parker and I went to the nursing home in Springfield so he could meet his Great-Grandma Flamm for the first time. My grandma is 96 and is facing memory loss, but was tickled that the baby was there to see HER.
* While in Springfield, we met my old Girl Scout co-workers and their kiddos at the zoo. It was a hot one!
* My childhood best friend, Erin, came to Peoria to visit her parents. We all then headed to Wildlife Prairie Park for a bit of hiking and animal watching. Erin's daughter, Lauren, is just 3 days older than Parker so it's always fun to see them together.
* Matt's former co-worker, Murph, and his wife, Pam, came to Peoria to meet Parker and see our new house.
* We spent the day in Blue Mound for Parker's First Father's Day with Grandma and Grandpa Ervin.
* Cousin Natalie came to Peoria for the week. Parker went swimming for the first time.
* Celebrated Parker's First Half Birthday with a pizza party followed by cake (a half cake) & ice cream!
It's been such a fun month watching our baby blossom into a growing boy. His personality has just errupted and he constantly makes us laugh, smile, say "look", or sit in awe. Parker is gaining independence, yet still loves to be held or having us play with him on the floor. His senses seem to be on overload as he tries to take in the world constantly. Trust me, he doesn't miss much!