Sunday, February 27, 2011

Follower #12

I figured Follower #12 deserved a special blog posting...because without her, I wouldn't be able to read or write! Mrs. Calvert, my 1st grade teacher, is one of my dearest friends. Really! I often refer to her as one of my "old friends." Hee! Hee! Here is my 1st grade class way back when. Mrs. Calvert is the tall one of course (trying to convince us that our class read the most books the fastest, when years later I realized that our worm just had less humps as it went down the hallway). I'm the cute blonde in the front row with pink pants. Her favorites sat in front.





So having Mrs. Calvert (whom I now call Beth) as Follower #12 is a big deal to me. (Trust me, if you understood her computer skills you would be impressed too!). 12 is an important number.

There is...
  • 12 grades in school
  • 12 eggs in a dozen
  • 12 hours on a clock
  • 12 jurors in a jury
  • 12 Coke cans in a case
  • 12 ounces in a can
  • 12 days of Christmas
  • 12 months in a year
  • 12 spots for the Nascar Race for the Chase
  • 12 in the Top 12 on American Idol (one of Beth's favorite shows!)
  • 12--Matt's shoe size (make no judgement)
  • 12 letters in BETH_CALVERT (yes, running out of 12's)


In case you are wondering, Beth only has 3 favorite students of all time (pictured above). Ironically, besides me, the other two are Followers #14 (Jill Jones) and #16 (My dear husband)!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm finishing up bookworm from the parent end today - must say I'm not sad to see it go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me, Jill, not Chris. Gotta work on that one!

    ReplyDelete