Monday, June 27, 2011

To Do: Thank You!

While time got away from me, please know that we truly appreciated all the outpouring of congratulations we have received the past few weeks with our baby announcement. It was such a relief to be able to tell our secret! And honestly, it was a little overwhelming once it got on Facebook. It was so nice to hear from grade school friends, sorority sisters, old co-workers, family, neighbors, etc.

Stay tuned for some of my favorite comments/reactions!

I still have my days when I am lazy or nauseous, but I'm really doing good. I've made it to that second trimester so I'm just waiting for that "burst of energy" and "nesting" that everyone keeps bragging about! I just set my goal of trying to get 2 things done a day. Sometimes that's (1) cook dinner and (2) empty dishwasher. Sometimes that's (1) take a nap and (2) take a shower. No need to set the goals too high--that just leads to failure!

And yes, we will find out if it's a boy or girl. The funny thing is, I used to always think I wanted to wait until delivery day (Matt did not). But it took me about 2 days and a trip to Target to realize I didn't want to wait anymore. The gender neutral clothes are well, ugly. And just waiting to 20 weeks is torture enough! I have way too much time on my hands right now to not be getting things in line. I'll find out next week when the date for the big reveal is, but I'm guessing early August. But don't get too excited--we won't tell you our names! (Let me emphasize "we"!)

No comments:

Post a Comment