Thursday, July 22, 2010

To Do: Make a wreath!

I don't know why, but I apparantly love wreaths! I often save pictures of things I find on other blogs that I think....maybe one day I can copy that. For some reason--a lot of those pictures are of wreaths! Here's some of my favorites:


I love old, rusty junk! And this wreath uses a bed spring. How freakin' creative. Though I obviously haven't made this because look how many springs it uses, and think how many come in 1 big ole' boxspring. Unless...guess what everyone is getting for Christmas?

The next one is one of my ultimate favorites. I LOVE black & white photos!! Problem is...I don't have many of mine or Matt's family. I see where you can buy random photos of strangers at the antique stores---I may consider doing just that so I can have this in my house!

This next one really doesn't go with my rustic/shabby/primitive decor, but so cute, and so easy. It's just a feather boa wrapped around a cheap syrofoam ring. I may just have to add that to my to do list even if I only use it for 1 night.


My friend, Sophie, tells me that wreaths like this are all the rage in Alabama--using the initial. Maybe I can start a trend in Little Rock!


Oh, no---now THIS is the prettiest, most amazing wreath that I have ever seen.
Oh yeah, because I made it! Tonight! It's been on my to-do list for, well, before I went back to work. If you can't tell, it's pages from a book (which coincidently match my decor!). Best part--it only cost about $2. It needs a little tweaking, but you get the idea. I volunteered to make this up this week for a recycling craft at work this weekend. I was a little worried that I didn't have enough pages in my book to finish, but I think it turned out ok.
And just in case you want to copy me, the directions can be found here:


What's next of my list, you ask?? This!

Sophie and I spotted a similar one at a boutique this weekend and knew we surely could find it on a blog somewhere! We had great plans of re-creating it....but we found out that this set of already curled ribbon at the Dollar Tree is obviously popular. We needed 7 packages each, and only found 1. I think it will be a race to see who finds 7 first!




1 comment:

  1. Sara, you can make me the 1st, 2nd or 4th one. Means how I love maribu trim, I will make you the 3rd one. ~CW

    ReplyDelete