Wednesday, July 7, 2010

To Do: Make Rene's Casserole

Sure, it could have a fancier name--but at our house, it's just called Rene's Casserole. Who's Rene? The best boss ever! Here we are 5 years ago at National Girl Scout convention with the founder of Girl Scouts, Juliette Low (actually, just one of the many freaks!). Are you laughing at our green polyster outfits? This picture used to sit on Rene's desk....we won't tell everyone, but I was her favorite. I bet this is on her desk at the Lincoln Presidential Museum now.

But Rene's cooking skills are right at my level. This is one of our favorites, with the recipe still written on the yellow post-it note that Rene gave it to me on. Our office was known for all of our awesome potlucks, and Rene often brought this highly requested dish.


Rene's Casserole

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix together
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can beef and noodle soup (or chicken and noodle if you can't find it)
  • 8 slices of italian bread, buttered on both sides, and cubed
  • 4 chicken breast, cooked, and cubed (I cook mine in the crockpot)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 can of mushrooms (i ommit)
Grease a 9 x13 pan, and add mixture. Bake for 1 hour.

Yes--My meals are always so pretty and healthy! Just don't expect a picture every night!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I must admit that I haven't been a faithful blog follower so I am getting caught up (and will become better at this). We call it Rene's casserole too, and it's one of my faves. ~C

    ReplyDelete