Tuesday, August 2, 2011

To Do: Guess Boy or Girl

For those of you making a last minute guess on the baby's gender, here is some stats to help your determination:

* I don't have a recent photo of me since I am barely showing. But some say I am carrying it low. (Which may mean boy)

* At my last check-up, the baby's heart rate was in the high 150's (Old wise tale says girl)

* I have not been sick (which means its a boy to me because a lot of my friends who had girls were sick).

Matt's immediate family has 2 boys, 1 girl (leans towards boy)
There are currently 3 nieces and 4 nephews on Matt's side (leans towards boys)
Matt's cousins have 3 daughters and 6 sons among them (leans towards boys)

Sara's immediate family has 4 girls, 1 boy (leans towards girls)
There are currently 5 nieces and 3 nephews on Sara's side (leans towards girls)
The first born for all 3 of my sisters was a girl (leans towards girl)

* The Girl Scout curse for my buddies in the Springfield office has not yet been broken. So far, 8 boys, 0 girls (definitely leans toward boy)

* According to the Chinese fortune calendar, it says boy

* I've had no real cravings yet, but definitely prefer sweet vs. sour (girl)

* According to BabyPrediction.com (based on Old Wive's tales), it says I have a 67% chance of a girl.

So...now what do you think? That it's still a 50/50 chance either way?

For those of you hoping for one of each, sorry! When the doctor did my first sonogram she said "well, there is only one." I blurted out "Thank God" and explained the twins and triplets on Matt's side. It honestly hadn't crossed my mind till she said that, but for one I am truly grateful! And though it sounds cheesy, we will be thrilled with either a boy or a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment