Tuesday, May 3, 2011

To Do: Change My Life

I've got a little secret. Well, it's not really a secret anymore. (And no, I'm not pregnant!). I quit my job!!

Yesterday I turned in my resignation. I'm officially hanging up my Girl Scout hat, or should I say uniform. I mean it--this time I am NOT going back!

So here's the plan: Hopefully this fall I will have been accepted into grad school here in Little Rock where I am going to get my Master's degree along with my teaching certificate. I'm hoping to teach K-2 if I have a choice. But first--I have to pass my Praxis exam. From what I understand, it's the GRE version for teachers. Let's just say that after 12 years out of college, I need a little review on probability, algebra, and grammer. My test is June 11 so I will have 3 weeks to cram. Guess what I bought today at Barnes & Noble? The Cliff Notes for the Praxis. Here we go again, Cliff Notes saving my behind!

Then while I wait for my results, I get to enjoy the rest of summer doing whatever I want (on a limited income of course! Like Matt will let me forget that--Ha!). I'm hoping that once school starts back up, and obviously my classes too, I can work it out so that I can substitute teach everyone once in awhile. I figure if I can make it subbing, I surely would survive with my own classroom!

Matt said he wonders which of my students we will hang out with someday--because as you know, I'm really good friends with my 1st grade teacher.

2 comments:

  1. Sara, if you can sub, having your own class will be a breeze! I had a group of kindergardeners chew me up and spit me out in a half day! (: I have found it much easier to teach my own kids at home (most of the time). Congrats on returning to school! You'll be great! Take care! Linds

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is big news! You will be great, Mrs. Ervin. Good luck on the journey.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete