Happy Tuesday! Thanks to reality t.v. (sadly, I'm an addict for it), the also addicting blog world (you're addicted to mine, right?) and a 33 year old crisis I guess, I've decided I have lot of things that I want to try...which was actually the inspiration for my blog title...I was hoping to cross some things on my to-do list off one day. So, in no particular order:
1. Go Ziplining! -- I have no idea where, but surely someplace quite exotic, like through the rainforest or Hawaii or even Alaska (though of course the cold breeze as I go 60 mph would scare me off). Maybe it's because The Bachelor likes to take this "leap of faith", but it just looks like a blast. Matt would probably have to push me and I know for sure I would scream the whole way (ride a roller coaster with me and you'll understand), but it's still on my bucket list.
2. Paint Furniture -- Someday I am going to be a true blog girl and show you a before and after piece of some masterpiece I made by transforming a piece of Goodwill 1970's piece of furniture and made it shabby chic. Someday.
3. Try new foods -- I really do hate being such a picky eater. As you may have seen on my blogs before, I'm really trying to quit saying "I don't like that" when I really don't recall every trying it. Just last week I tried pistachios and cilantro! We went out with some of Matt's co-workers this weekend to Macaroni Grill and while Matt & I were looking forward to unhealthy macaroni (duh), lamb seemed to be a popular choice. Lamb? Ok, I'm not that brave just yet. But I am going to keep pushing myself to try new foods. Baby steps.
4. Learn how to drive stick shift -- Believe it or not, I've had my license for almost 18 years and I have never once tried to drive a car that wasn't automatic. Probably should have learned that 18 years ago when I lived in the sticks, but oh well.
5. Make meal cards -- I've read on blogs about these overachieving, stay-at-home moms who plan out these gourment meals every week. I'm doing good just to get to the store every week. But one day, I really wish I would write out all of the different meals we eat on notecards so that I will be more inspired to switch it up. (Maybe I am just feeling guilty for having tater-tot casserole again tonight!)
6. Geogaching -- Ever heard of it? Basically, it's a scavenger hunt where you find hidden obstacles using a GPS. It sounds completely nerdy, but I am a nerd and I think it would just be a unique way to go hiking. But first I have to find someone to teach me how to even start.
7. Sew on Cards -- My old co-workers used to tell me that I was creative. I always told them that I was just resourceful. Resourceful being another word for copy-cat. Usually when I go to make a homemade card, I often copy the ideas from books, online, or magazines (sorry to disappoint). One of my new books shows lots of card ideas where you whip out the sewing machine. Considering I have a sewing machine (and I can only make curtains or pillows), I figured I could wipe the dust off and try this eventually.
8. Photography Lesson -- We recently got one of those new fancy shamcy cameras, but I barely know how to operate the darn thing. Makes me feel old. So I think I better add a photography class to my list of things to try. I'm hoping one day I will be posting stellar photos that will make you drool.
9. Hot Air Balloon Ride -- Again, I can dream. But even though I'm slighly afraid of heights, one day I want to do this. Maybe we can do it after ziplining in Hawaii.
10. Stop biting my nails and drinking so much Coke -- I said "try", not accomplish. I doubt either goals will be a success any time soon.