Anyway, I'm sharing with you today one of my favorite recipes. I got it from the Taste of Home magazine in 2008. If you like corn, potatoes, and cheese, you will love this too. Don't let the word chowder scare you off.
I am sharing the original recipe. I generally only make 1/2 since Matt refuses to try this.
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes (I used 1 can of diced potatoes and added after carrots cooked)
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cans (11oz) gold and white corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Velveeta