Sunday, January 23, 2011

To Do: Clean Car

Yesterday, me and just a few other people had a great idea--Since the sun was shining and the thermometer read 60, it seemed like the perfect day to give the car a bath. The recent snowstorm (ha--flurries!) that shut down schools, sent us home from work early, and likely wiped out the milk shelves at Dollar General also meant that the roads were covered with sand, and maybe a little salt. Not sure, but my car sure was a mess. Anyway, this reminded me of a great story from one of my best buds (and former co-worker) from South Carolina, Stacey.

Stacey was born and raised in the small town outside of Simpsonville. The farthest she has traveled (besides a mission trip) was Myrtle Beach. She just had no reason to leave South Carolina (that I agree with). Lucky for Stacey, her desk was sandwiched between two darn blonde Yankees. Here is photo of me with Stacey and Molly (1 of 9 followers! Go Molly!)

Don't get me wrong, Stacey is extremely smart! She kicked our butt at work--and I'm proud to say that at the end of December finally was able to adopt a baby girl--Hooray! But geography--not Stacey's forte'. She once talked about Illinois being "out west." But my ultimate favorite story went like this:


Molly: Bob has to get a new truck.

Sara: Why?

Molly: Because the salt from Michigan has really ruined it.

Stacey: Oh, the salt in the air from the Great Lakes?

Molly & Sara: (laughing like crazy)

And that's just another example of why I miss my days spent with Stacey and Molly! I haven't seen them since this summer when we traveled to Tennessee for Molly's gorgeous outdoor wedding (hince the sweat!). The other blonde in the photo was my boss, Christy.

Miss you guys!!

2 comments: