Monday, January 31, 2011

To Do: Subway Art


I've actually had this project done since Christmas break, but just was able to give my bff, Sophie, her gift this past weekend. (And she is a blog reader, I had to wait to post this accomplishment). I also can take no credit for this idea. Two of my sisters have followed my addiction and bought their own cricut cutter. Sharolyn had made a similar subway art sign for Christmas and after seeing it in her house, I knew it was something I had to make for Sophie (who actually the first to introduce ME to the cricut...so all of this is her fault!)
Sophie is just a wee bit more mushy than I. Ok, more like a lot! Last year I made her a photo book telling the story of our year together. Both of our families had just separated, as they moved from SC to Alabama, and we followed just weeks later to Arkansas. The photo book brought her to tears. So how would I ever top that? I didn't, but hopefully now she'll know that even though we are 402 miles apart, she is still my best friend! And these words are exactly why.
Directions: All words were cut out with the cricut. Friend was cut out using patterned paper and shadow. Words were then just modge podged onto plate.


No comments:

Post a Comment