Tuesday, July 26, 2011

To Do: Make Peach Cobbler Cupcakes

Ever heard of the website Pinterest? It's like a secret addiction on the internet for those of us who are jealous of everyone else's creativity, talents, and maybe time. It's literally hundreds of photos, that once clicked on, link you to the directions or blog. Thanks to my niece, Katie, I got hooked.



One day I saw a recipe for Peach Cobbler Cupcakes. This time of year, I'm willing to try about anything made with fresh peaches. Thank you to South Carolina for my new love of peaches. (I just learned learned in Southern Living that SC produces more peaches than GA!). It was at a small farmer's market in Fountain Inn, SC (shout out to Stacy--Fountain Inn's royalty), that I was introduced to white peaches. Let me just advice you to never pass up a white peach.

They literally are more white than yellow on the inside and are very sweet. This variety is often difficult to find, but I rejoiced when I saw them at Kroger last week. Yes, it's the simple things in life that entertain me now days.


I whipped up a batch for our weekend in Illinois. They were super moist and not as sweet as I expected, but still quite yummy. Just a little something different.


Peach Cobbler Cupcakes:

Yield: 16-18 cupcakes


  • 1 1/2 cups flour

  • 1 1/4 tsp baking powder

  • 1/4 tsp baking soda

  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature

  • 3/4 cup brown sugar

  • 1/4 cup sugar

  • 2 eggs

  • 1/2 cup sour cream

  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

  • 1 1/4 cups peaches, roughly chopped (about 2 medium sized peaches)

1. With a fork, whisk flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.

2. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl for 1 minute until light and fluffy.

3. Beat in eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract until blended.

4. Mix in flour mixture.

5. Fold in peaches.



6. Fill cupcake lines 1/2 to 3/4 full. Batter will be lumpy as shown.



7. Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the cupcake clean.

8. Once cooled, I topped with buttercream frosting!



No comments:

Post a Comment