Wednesday, July 27, 2011

To Do: Dream About Fall

We are just never happy! In a snowstorm, all we think about is hanging out at the pool. And now, I'm just dreaming about the upcoming fall. I've always loved fall--it's definitely my favorite season! But it's pretty sad that it isn't even August yet and I am so ready to be done with summer. This all got in my head the other night becuase Matt and I somehow got to talking about how we couldn't wait for fall. Here's just a few reasons I love it!








Baking



I am going to brag--I make a pretty mean apple pie. I don't know if it's the smell of it baking or the taste that I like more. And if I can go to the orchard to get the apples, that's a double bonus!


Decor



If I could go out to the country and visit farms like this every day, I probably would. I love it! The mums, the variety of pumpkins, gourds, Halloween decorations...etc. It's all so colorful and easy to make it look good.







Candy Corn



I'm not going to lie. I saw it and I drooled. But I resisted the urge. Yes, Walgreens already has candy corn (and candy pumpkins--my ultimate favorite) on the shelves.






Smores



Speaking of food since you might notice a common theme here...I'm anxious to whip up some good ole' Girl Scout smores over the fire pit. In fact, I've already purchased a package of those new square marshmallows made just for smores. Now, we just have to wait for the burn ban here to be lifted. Though that is not looking promising any time soon.







Warm Clothes



Yes, I'm known to be dressed in several layers in about any season, but I especially love being able to wear jeans and scarves in the fall without looking silly. This outfit below is my ultimate favorite--jeans, white t-shirt, + scarf. (Along with knee high socks and cuddleduds). I wonder if they make maternity cuddleduds? Hum, that may be something I need to look into!







Pansies



I never grew pansies until I moved to the South, but they have since become one of my favorite flowers. Probably because they are purple and oh, also that they are easy! I plant them in the fall and with very little care, they last until I get ready to plant my summer flowers. This photo is my actual container taken in March.


Football--Razorback Football






Considering I grew up in a school with no high school football team (until we consolidated my senior year) and suffering through some horrible college games, I never would imagine I would understand or even like football. But it will probably bring a tear to some of my AR friends' eyes to know that I'm anxiously awaiting the Razorback football season. I watched nearly every game last year and will even admit that I enjoyed it. I even know that WPS stands for Woo Pig Sooie! I've heard that they are expecting a good season--not something I ever recall hearing about the Illini. But even though I'm still an Illini fan deep down, I'm ready to experience another Razorback game. Maybe after this year I will even have "calling the hogs" down pat!

No comments:

Post a Comment