Sorry it's been awhile since I sat down to blog. Hopefully I'll get some of the ones I've had in my head the last few weeks actually typed up. I'll blame this delay on the time change. Sounds like a good excuse to me!
Today I'm going to share with you another one of my "special" (not quite signature...yet!) dishes. And yes, it's not healthy. I don't eat healthy. --Though I am trying to cut back to 1 coke a day...maybe that would be a better excuse as to why I'm not blogging. Let me tell you, that first week the headaches were terrible after dinner! And yes, you occassionally may find me actually drinking water, even plain ole' tap water.
Anyway, back to unhealthy. That's more my speed. I got this recipe from my BFF Sophie. She too shares my recipe addiction. But, truth be told, she really only brought me this recipe as a gag. It's combines 2 things in life that I am thankful for...
Crockpot Rocky Road Chocolate Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (German chocolate, fudge, etc)
- 1 (3.9oz) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups milk, divided
- 1 (3.4oz) package chocolate cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marhsmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Beat cake mix, next 5 ingredients, and 1 1/4 cups milk at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Pour batter into a lightly greased 4 qt slow cooker.
- Cook remaining 2 cups milk in a heavy nonaluminum saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 3-5 minutes or just until bubbles appear (do not boil); remove from heat.
- Sprinkle cook-and-serve pudding mix over batter. Slowly pour hot milk over pudding. Cover and cook on low 3 1/2 -4 hours (I do at least 4 hours--it will be slightly gooey)
- Meanwhile, heat pecans in a small non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3-5 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle cake with pecans, marshmallows, and chocolate morsels. Let stand 15 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly melted. Spoon into dishes, and serve with ice cream, if desired.
So Sophie, even though you thought this recipe was a poke since you get a kick out of my crockpot cooking, this is just a reminder that I love you anyway.
Oh, and thank you!