Thursday, December 9, 2010

To Do: Plan for Christmas 2011

I often am accused of having big dreams. But, I'm a realist too. For example, every Sunday I make this next-to-impossible mile long to-do list. I spend Friday doing nothing (because I deserve that!) and Saturday thinking about everything I have to do. By Sunday, I know I better start chucking out some results, because come the work week I rarely get much accomplished around the homefront. But even though I KNOW the list is impossible, I still really think I'm going to get it all done. I don't know why I bother to add "make cards" (just so one day I won't have to scramble to assemble a birthday card for a birthday that is tomorrow)...making cards rarely gets crossed off the list.

Anyway, my point is this: I know that not a whole lot more is going to get accomplished for Christmas 2010. I know the gifts will get wrapped, but not quite like I had visualized them a month ago. I know I will find that last minute gift that meets my criteria. (Yes, I put a lot of thought into every gift-do me a favor and tell me it is the best gift you got!). I know I will deliver a tray of goodies to Matt's co-workers, but one likely won't turn out and the tray will not be as amazing as I had dreamed (like they care, I know!). But....for next year, maybe I can accomplish these:

No comments:

Post a Comment