Weight: 19 lbs
Diaper Size: 3
Clothes: mostly 9 months, but some 6 months (especially pants)
Eats: 8 oz every 3-3.5 hours; eats cereal before bedtime; Eats 1 container of vegetables and 1 container or fruit each day (introduced this month: Green beans, squash, sweet potatoes, peas, peaches, pears)
Sleeps: Usually from 9:00-9:30 to 6:30 (averages 8-9 hours); likes to sleep on side or tummy
Naps: 1.5-2 hours around 8am; 30-60 min around 1pm; 30 min around 5pm
Favorite Toys: Shadow (our cat), alligator, the plastic waffle, newspaper and magazines, spikey ball, teething keys, mommy and daddy
* Spends a lot of time on his belly, up on his hands. He can spin in a circle and attempts to scoot forward (but not very successful yet). He is so determined to reach anything within his sight.
* Rolls in all directions, fast, all around the room.
* Starting to sit on his own when positioned for him. He can sit 5-10 minutes before falling to the side or backwards usually.
* Loves to play on his side and pushes on the arm that's on the floor (oh, he wants to sit!)
* Is fascinated with various textures--feels the need to touch everything and often bangs his hands or feet on whatever is nearby.
* Holds multiple toys using both hands, but usually just takes the toy that is shown to him.
* Banging toys (especially on the wood floor) is his favorite.
* We are working on waving, clapping, and high fives...no success yet!
* His favorite songs are 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed and Itsy Bitsy Spider.
* He loves everyone. No stranger danger. Eats up all the attention!
* Shadow, our cat, walks in the room and Parker's face just lights up! He will roll over super fast to get a better view and if Shadow is in reach, Parker is likely grabbing her tail.
* We still spend our evenings outside--Parker doesn't miss anything going by (cars, birds, airplanes, dogs, people, etc.)
* No new sounds, but I think he has learned to moan and squeal louder!
* So far, he hasn't been terribly miserable while his two front bottom teeth come to the surface. A little fussy and constant slobbering, but as long as he can chew on something, he seems okay. If nothing is around, his thumb will do.
* He has decided to fight going to sleep for naps, even though he is rubbing his eyes constantly--I think he tries to convince himself that he isn't tired. But darn it--mama is usually right! Luckily, he usually wakes up happy and is content just talking and rolling around in his crib for awhile.
* Peek-a-boo (especially around the corners of rooms) cracks him up! He even laughs at one of his books that plays peek-a-boo. And of course, Daddy's tickle session cracks him up!
* Sits up and plays during bathtime.
* Changing his diaper has become a little more challenging. He refuses to lay still. And he really hates to put on his pajamas.
* Has become a true boy--Has discovered the remote and well...his boy parts :)
Highlights from the Month (June 28-July 28)
* Spent the weekend in St. Louis at Uncle J.R. & Aunt Sharolyn's house, because we had to take Natalie back home. The kids decorated Parker's stroller and we walked in their neighborhood's small 4th of July parade. Parker also went swimming for the first time--and loved it!
* Celebrated his first 4th of July by watching the fireworks in Peoria along the riverfront with some neighbors.
* Went out for a nice steak dinner to celebrate Mommy & Daddy's 9th wedding anniversary.
* Granny B and Papa D (Dave & Beth Calvert) came to visit. Parker even wore his bookworm outfit :)
* Mommy & Parker went to a shower for Molly, who is marrying mommy's cousin, Jeff. Later, we met Daddy at cousin Cierra's birthday party.
* Cousin Caleb came back with us and stayed the week, spending every waking minute with Parker!
* We traveled to Blue Mound following Grandpa Ervin's hip surgery and spent the weekend.
* Mommy & Daddy spent their first weekend away from Parker going to Chicago, while Parker stayed the weekend with Grandma & Grandpa Ervin.
* Our neighbor, Finn, is Parker's buddy. They adore each other!
This has been such a fun month! There is nothing better than seeing that smile first thing in the morning and hearing his precious giggle all throughout the day. Parker's personality shines every day. And it seems like you can just see his little brain churning constantly. It makes you notice all the little discoveries around you--things that we see all the time but don't think twice about. He is growing so fast, but we are loving every minute of it!