Sunday, February 5, 2012

To Do: Move to Illinois!


It's been a few weeks since we had anything BIG happen in our lives.  So it's time to add more spice, don't ya think?

Ready or not...we are moving again!  Peoria, Illinois here we come!!


We've actually known about this for awhile (but surely childbirth is a good reason why I haven't had the chance to blog about it yet).  Matt was asked to consider a position at the Mossville plant (1 of 4 facilities in the Peoria area) in November.  In order to not get hopes up for our family/friends back home, we decided not to tell anyone until it was final, which was shortly before Christmas.  He even snuck back for a weekend to interview (just a few weeks before I was due--luckily I didn't go into labor!)

Peoria is about 2 or 2.5 hours from where we grew up.  (Looking at the map above, we lived East of Springfield, right in the middle of the state).  So while we will be able to see our friends and family more often, this also means we can sleep in our own bed at night too!  And honestly, it sounds crazy, but I really don't know the Peoria area very well at all--so I know adventures await!  Matt is really excited about his new position.  But, I think both of us sort of dread the winter months ahead.  We have LOVED the past 4 years in the south!  Maybe in a future blog, I'll share what we will miss most.  It's pretty likely that this will be our last move for awhile--awhile, maybe not forever!


  
It is without hesitation to say that Caterpillar has been so good to us.  We are especially grateful that they are still able to offer a relocation package.  We have just started the process of trying to get our house in Arkansas on the market.  We also have a quick trip planned to Illinois this week to do our own quick version of House Hunters (one of my favorite shows!).  Since this will be our 5th house in 8.5 years, we are kind of masters.  But maybe more like picky.  Oh I hope I am not one of those annoying people who hates every house!  


Matt starts his new position mid-April--so the next few weeks/months will be oh so crazy!  But we seem to like crazy.  Maybe Matt and I are just crazy!  We're not scared of change :)  Bring it on!

So we will see some of ya'll soon (and yes--I'm still going to say ya'll)

1 comment: